LEAD FLORAL DESIGNER
We are seeking an experienced floral designer with to work in high paced studio, weddings and events throughout the DC area. We are seeking a professional and reliable candidate with excellent design skills, knowledge of flower care and floral design mechanics.
While we are willing to train the right candidate, currently we are only considering candidates with past floral design experience working events and weddings.
Candidates must possess the following:
· Experience with high-end weddings and event work
· Proficient in different styles of design, especially for events and weddings and be able to replicate designs in a fast pace.
· Proficient knowledge of flower care and floral mechanics
· Be willing to climb on ladders or lifts for ceiling installations.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time and ability to lift at least 50 lbs
· Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
· Be able to work under pressure to execute events on time
· Ability to read floral recipes and create high-end designs.
· Be a self-starter and can work with minimal supervision or hand holding.
· Great attitude and ability to work as part of a team.
A typical schedule is M-F, the right candidate must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
As part of the interview process, candidate will be required to work a full event week with the team so we may assess your skills and knowledge.
WHAT WE OFFER
Paid Time Off
Friendly & Fun work environment
Gaithersburg, MD 20879.
Must include a cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed'
Job Type: Full-time, Part-Time
Pay: Based on experience level